Post holidays recovery

Life gets so busy this time of year. I have a ton of family, friends and other obligations to meet plus work gets busy at the end of the year. This blog kind of goes to the wayside.

But all that’s past us now, I hope your Xmas/Chanukah/Kwanza/(seasonal celebration of choice) and New Years were fun and exciting. Hopefully you got all the fun stuff you wanted, saw all the people you wanted to, and that you haven’t broken your resolutions just yet.

Mine was to start cooking and buy less fast food. So far, I’m doing well.

My big present to myself was the Watch the Throne tour that came through Tacoma earlier this month. Jay-Z and Kanye West presenting themselves for a 2.5 hour set. No opening act, no fillers, no BS.

Gotta be one of the best concerts ever. Two of the greatest sharing the stage, and trading time between themselves to do their best solo work too. Wow. Seriously, start to finish great.

Well..

Except this one part, with Kanye, kinda getting all weird. But we will get there later.

20120105-082306.jpg
To start, both came out on top of 20+ foot tall cubes with screens on them, 1 cube on the main stage, 1 cube on the middle of the arena. Jay-Z was closest to us on this cube, with a freaking shark.

20120105-082334.jpg
The laser show they had going on was crazy too. Very effective use of lighting.

20120105-082314.jpg
Otis!

20120105-082324.jpg
Here’s where Kanye went kinda buzz kill. He spent 20 minutes on his cube all red, doing some songs, but then kinda broke down in his 808s and Heartbreaks stuff, then started on a lecture talking about love, and how it’s all sad, went all emo. That and he would not stop using auto-tune. Gold digger auto tune is not something people should hear. 80% of the show he was great, the other 20% were awkward for everyone involved.

20120105-082341.jpg
AGAIN! These guys love N*ggas In Paris. They did it 5 times, 3 of them encore. Apparently LA got it like 9 times. Awesome song though, great energy from them and the crowd. My favorite part was when they would hit the heavy bass at the end of the song. This light show looking like rain and thunder would go off, amazing. Every time the song would hit this part, you would hear Kanye, “I know right? That’s so cool.”

Definitely one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to.

Nothing exciting happened during Christmas, went and saw family, it was great to spend time with them all.

Then came New Years

20120105-082348.jpg
Spam Masubi!

20120105-082353.jpg
First time drinking Hennessy. I like. Had some Jameson too, but I prefer Crown or Hennessy to it.

20120105-082358.jpg
Beer pong! I won twice in a row, and unlike Jordan, went out on top.

2011 New Years Eve Beer Pong Champion

I can only hope that 2012 brings the same success.

Advertisements